There are numerous attractions within easy reach of Riverdale House, including:
- Alfriston Clergy House, the first property purchased by the National Trust;
- The moated medieval Michelham Priory;
- Charleston House, the home and country meeting place for the writers, painters and intellectuals of the Bloomsbury Group;
- Lewes Castle;
- Herstmonseux Castle, the second home of the Royal Observatory founded by King Charles II in 1675 at Greenwich;
- The coast, including Cuckmere Haven and Beachy Head;
- Batemans, Rudyard Kipling’s house at Burwash; and
- The historic town of Battle.
Activities such as golf, paragliding, canoeing and horse riding are available nearby. The guest house is also within easy reach of Lewes, Brighton and Eastbourne.
Tel: 01323 871038